Sunday, December 22, 2013

Reflection

Over the course of this Learning With Technology course, there were several course learning objectives that we were to accomplish. As I look back upon the last 7 weeks, I believe that each of those objectives has been fulfilled.

  • explain why technology integration into curriculum is essential for 21st century classrooms
There is no doubt that we live in a technological world, so why shouldn't our students? Not only are there standards put in place to ensure technological advancements in the classroom, there are several benefits that are associated with the modern teaching method. Using technology encourages students to become more engaged in the learning process; they are more apt to become interested in their school work because there is a sense of familiarity in how they are learning.


  • describe the NH ICT standards,  Common Core standards, and NETS standards
  • NH ICT- The Minimum Standards for School Approval, Ed 306.42, contain the minimum requirements districts must use in order to establish an ICT Literacy program for all students in grades K through 12
  • Common Core standards- clear, consistent guidelines as to what students are expected to learn at all grade levels
  • NETS standards-  learning, teaching and leading in the digital age and are widely recognized and adopted worldwide. 




Over the past 8 weeks I have learned a lot on technology integration. When I first began this class I was stubborn on my views of technology integration; I believed that the amount of technology that we use should be minimal. Although I do still believe that we live in a world which relies too heavily on technology,  I am more aware of the benefits that technology has within education. The hardest part for me over the course of this term was the ability to open up and be open to learning new technological tools. Now, as I have learned many new resources, I can honestly say that I enjoyed this class and will use the knowledge that I have gained within my future classes and even into my classroom in the future. I think that the most interesting part about technology is the opportunity to be creative and express your thoughts in an original manner. Rather than making a boring poster board just like everyone else in the class, knowing how to use technological tools allows you to create a presentation that will entice your audience and make them interested in the information that you're sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment